Old Tyme Country School
Session I: July 18 through 22
Session II: July 25 through 29
Session III: Aug. 1 through 5
Whittier School Building
Kanabec History Center,
805 Forest Avenue West
• Session I: Monday, July 18 through Friday, July 22, 2016
• Session II: Monday, July 25 through Friday, July 29, 2016
• Session III: Monday, Aug. 1 through Friday, Aug. 5, 2016
• Three sessions, each 5 consecutive days from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Priority for students now completing grades 1 through 8 who reside in Kanabec County and/or attend the Kanabec County School systems, but anyone is encouraged to apply.
• $47.50 per student for members of Kanabec County Historical Society
• $67.50 per student for non-members
• Students will arrive at school each day in costume ready to participate in a 1920’s school day.
• Cold lunch must be brought from home appropriate for the era.
• Parents are responsible for transportation to and from school.
• Each session is limited to 25 students.
• Students are not allowed to bring other students as guests during the day.
• Parents are to notify Center if student will be absent or if someone other than parent/guardian will pick student up at end of the day.
All Spots Available
Registration forms must be completed and returned to the Kanabec History Center with payment as soon as possible, but no later than one week prior to the beginning of the session.
Call - (320) 679-1665 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Old Tyme County Schoolteacher 2016
Please give our returning Old Tyme Country School teacher a warm welcome!
Rachel Schmeltzer is a Paraprofessional and Substitute Teacher for the Mora School District. She grew up in northern Minnesota where her family lived in a wood house built by her parents. Having spent several of her early years without running water and wood heat, in some ways she feels she has experienced a taste of life in the early 1900’s.
Rachel currently lives in the Mora area, appreciating the conveniences of modern living. Her interests include continuing education, philosophy, and history. She greatly enjoys her time in the classroom, having a natural love of learning and working with children. Her hobbies include baking, writing, traveling, and spending time with her two young boys, Randy and Damian.