Replica 1904 Mora Fire Hall
Built for the Mora Fire Department's 100th anniversary, the History Center's full-size replica fire hall houses one of two original hose carts used by the Mora Fire Department in the early 1900s. This building - dedicated on June 30, 2012 - is a replica of the first Mora Fire Hall. The original building was in use from 1904 to 1910, where it housed the volunteer fire department's equipment. The first hose cart was acquired in 1904 with 600 ft of hose. The second hose cart was purchased in 1907. The building was located on the Northeast corner of Union Street and Railroad Avenue.
At first the firemen were called to the fires by the ringing of a triangle on the side of the building. In June of 1905 a bell from the Kindergarten School in Mora was hung in the fire hall. In January of 1906 M. O. Rutherford, owner of the electric light plant, ordered a new fire whistle to be put in service at the power plant to sound the fire alarms. The bell had proved insufficient to awaken the volunteers for night alarms. The building remained in use until 1910, when it was sold to Chris Maden for $62.50.
In 2004, the Mora City Council and Mora Fire Department donated a 1965 firetruck which is also on display in the History Center's grounds.